Decoding the "Why"?

When I tell people about my career transition to communications, the first thing they often ask is "why"? Allow me to answer this one-word question with the following 212 words:
       
Riddle me this...
I worked in the same field (foreign exchange) and at the same company (a large U.S. bank) for 25+ years, so most people associated me with my job. Here I am, expressing my desire to go down a completely new path, which naturally arouses curiosity about my motivations.

For many of those years I worked on a trading desk. Amid the hustle and bustle I discovered how much I enjoyed the communication aspect of the job. Specifically, my passion for writing and connecting people through words (if that sounds familiar, it is from the very first “jaywalking” post). Now I am taking that passion and applying it to a new career path.  

So, there is your "why". As to the "how", well, that is a work in progress...

In a trading environment miscommunication can result in severe financial consequences, especially in a fast-moving market! So, I learned very early in my career the importance of clear and concise messaging. I recently learned this also applies to blog posts, so I’ll start wrapping this up.

Change is inevitable, and often, it is the catalyst for personal growth and professional evolution. I am excited to embark on this journey of exploration and self-discovery, confident in the belief that the best is yet to come.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lifelong Learning - A Journey with No Destination

The Ghost Army

So, it begins...