"I'll take 'Science' for $200, Alex..."
I have always been fascinated by various fields of scientific study, including astronomy, botany, (marine) biology, geography, and zoology, just to name a few. Anything to do with the natural world on this planet or other planets, stars, galaxies, black holes, etc. in the cosmos.
![]() |
| Did someone say "cosmos"? |
Fun fact: my love of botany started when I worked at a nursery (the kind for plants) in high school. I learned about all types of indoor/outdoor plants and how to care for them. I also learned to stack 50lb. bags of potting soil, a skill which I am considering putting on my resume at this point.
I am also an animal lover and a frequent aquarium and zoo visitor. As an avid nature show viewer and consumer of all manner of animal-related information, I also consider myself quite knowledgeable on the subject (if I do say so myself). If I ever get on Jeopardy! and "Mammals" or "Marine Biology" come up as categories, watch out! Although with my luck I'd probably get "Opera" or "12th Century Poets".
When it comes to astronomy I am similarly obsessed. The universe is so vast and the units of time and distance so mind-boggling (a light year is crazy far), that I find myself curious about its workings and our place in it. Of course, this begs the question "are we alone in the universe?". Perhaps that is a topic for a future post, but feel free to discuss amongst yourselves until then...
*See prior post about lifelong learning.

Comments
Post a Comment